Ever felt like no matter which way you turn your head, you experience stiffness and soreness in your neck? Sometimes it leads to an annoying headache, other times it can even bring on a migraine.
Whatever your specific condition with neck pain, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Neck pain is thought to affect around 15% of people in Australia (more than 1 in 7) and some resources say that approximately 80% of people worldwide suffer from neck or back pain at some stage in their lives.
Chronic or acute neck pain can have a significant impact on your life and ability to function well in work, sport or generally. When health issues like neck pain get progressively worse over time, or even when experienced for short amounts of time, day-to-day tasks can become remarkably challenging. So if you’re suffering from neck pain, give us a call now on 03 9034 7735 or book online to see how we can help you get relief.
Causes of neck pain
- Trauma/Spinal injury from an accident or specific event.
- Sporting injuries such as landing or falling on the head, or awkwardly on the upper region of the spine.
- Poor posture and leaning over for too long causing the head to be too heavy for the supporting spine.
- Sitting or lying for too long in the one position.
- Stress and tension in the upper body from working at a computer over many hours each day and week.
- Strain from not warming up properly before exercise.
- Not doing enough exercise and becoming stiff in that part of the body.
- Poor sleeping position such as lying on the stomach, which leads to over-extending the neck.
- Carrying a heavy handbag or suitcase around.
- Degenerative diseases such as Arthritis which cause the padding in the vertebrae to break down slowly over time.
- Whiplash from a car accident or similar.
- Viral infection such as influenza.
Since there are many causes of neck pain, there are also many types of treatment available. It is important that your treatment is specific to your needs and has the best possible outcome for your health and wellbeing.
Some people learn to live with acute or chronic neck pain and try to battle through the condition because they assume there won’t be a true way to find a solution for them. This approach could not be more inaccurate. There are always options, and, in most cases, it is possible to either significantly reduce the symptoms, or resolve the issue entirely.
Seeing our practitioners, can ensure that you are getting the correct treatment possible for the care of your neck, back and spine. By trusting a highly skilled and trained expert to help you find a resolution, you can get on with living your best, full and healthy life.
Please give us a call on 03 9034 7735 or Book Your Appointment Online today to discuss your needs. We help people every day find solutions to pain and discomfort they have experienced for far too long.