There is never a good time for an injury to strike – but for athletes who may be training for a major event, playing regularly for a team, or for those of us who have been exercising as part of a healthier lifestyle, being ‘out of action’ after picking up any of the sports injuries can be devastating.
Our team of Physiotherapists are trained in treating sports injuries and can add sports massage, exercises and advice on diet and nutrition to the program of treatment and rehabilitation to get you back to full fitness as quickly as possible.
Whether you are suffering from a sports injury that has just happened or an ongoing problem that just will not go away, we can help. Call us on 03 9034 7735 now or Book Online for an appointment at our clinics.
How Our Physiotherapy Team Can Help
- Same day assessment wherever possible for sports injuries
- Diagnostic tests will determine the cause of acute injuries, or those that have been a long-term problem for you
- An agreed treatment and rehabilitation plan tailored to your individual needs and designed for optimal recovery; that is, full and complete healing in the shortest time possible with a diminished likelihood of recurrence
- Routine treatment of chronic and overuse injuries that, for sports people in particular, can help to keep them at the top of their game
- Dietary and nutritional support, and treatments and exercises to improve strength and mobility, to help you to improve your overall health and athletic performance
- Advice on safely exercising while returning to full fitness, appropriate training methods and can liaise with your coach or personal trainer if appropriate.
What to Expect from Physiotherapy Treatment for Sports Injuries
Getting the right advice and treatment right from the start is important. Immediate treatment minimises the inflammation and swelling in affected soft tissues and enables the quickest possible return to training and competing with a lower chance of the injury recurring.
At the initial appointment, we will assess and diagnose the cause of your injury. At this point, we will discuss with you the most appropriate course of treatment in your case. Treatment may include a combination of soft tissue massage, joint mobilisation, strapping, bracing or taping and other therapies.
We can advise on exercises to ensure that you maintain fitness and exercise the rest of your body while your injury is healing as well as functional and flexibility exercises that you can incorporate into your daily routine afterwards.
As Registered Physiotherapists, we are qualified diagnose the exact nature of your injury. With expert knowledge of particular sports and the injuries most commonly associated with them, we have the experience to enable you to make the best possible recovery in the shortest possible time. Call us on 03 9034 7735 or Book Online now.